DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- At least a 2-year graphic art degree or equivalent experience. College or technical degree in graphic design preferred. Previous experience preparing print ready materials required.
- Online/web experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, a customer service mindset and the ability to translate rough ideas and concepts into effective advertising and editorial design on deadline.
- Mac proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and OS X required.
- Solid working knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes required.
- Proactive; flexible; detail-oriented; organized. A “no drama” personality with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in fast paced, deadline and team oriented environment.
- Candidate must posses initiative, a high energy level, excellent judgment and problem-solving skills along with the ability to manage time and multitask between a variety of deadlining products.
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Excellent ethics and integrity.
- Ability to stay beyond normal hours of operation when necessary.
- Will work with Production Coordinator and/or Art Director to produce all elements and components for design.
- Will assist in preflighting and preparing customer supplied advertising for publication as needed.
- Must be able to plan, gather and execute artwork per request in order to design and create advertising and editorial layouts as requested.
- Must be able to accurately predict quality output from materials submitted for publication and recommend alternatives when it appears likely that final reproduction of such materials may be poor.
- Be familiar with primary responsibilities of other team members and assist them when necessary.
- Monitor and stay current with all products produced by the team.
- Stay current on new software and technological advancements.
- Work on ways to increase productivity, etc.
- Primarily seated at a desk using a computer in an air-conditioned office.
- Must be able to work in a drug-free, smoke-free environment. Occasional night or weekend work.
Morris Communications Company, LLC - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -