Pay Rate Range
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Internship tailored for undergraduate student in graphic design with strong computer skills. Responsible for creating web and print designs with high visual impact using up-to-date knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, HTML , and CSS coding language that meets project objectives, costs, and deadlines.
• Brainstorms and mocks up design ideas and concepts within budgetary constraints and guidelines.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Presents ideas to clients or supervisor and adjusts designs to fit needs or taste, and explains possible options available.
• Uses computer software to execute designs.
• Prepares finished copy and art.
• Works with others, such as account executives, printers, programmers, developers or other technicians, to complete the final product.
Student currently enrolled at The University of Utah. Associate’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalency required (2 years of related experience is equivalent to 1 year of education). Desired skills and abilities include graphic design skills, layout skills, web design skills, a customer focus, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, desktop publishing tools, and the ability to handle rejection.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
University of Utah - 10 months ago