Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
Cook Internship Summary:
Fueled by our unmatched commitment to the advancement of patient safety and care, Cook is in search of qualified candidates for our Summer Internship Program. Paid internships at Cook Medical are offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (Exact dates depend on school calendars.) All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Potential projects for the Graphic Design Intern include:
- Assist with design needs for medical device business units (e.g., Women’s Health, Urology, Critical Care)
- Assist with advertising materials,including creating ads and resizing for various publications
- Assist with shifting existing marketing materials to the new brand
- Create presentations to convey project progress and outcomes
- Join brainstorming sessions for product naming, meeting planning, ect.
Mentor interaction is a valuable tool for the Graphic Design internship experience. In an effort to provide a nurturing environment, interns are assigned a direct mentor who provides a unique perspective of life at Cook. Mentors are chosen from across management levels, and all mentors are responsible for the day-to-day activities of their interns.
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative and an ability to work well with others.
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior years the following Fall Semester. Graduate students are also eligible.
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following Fall) for consideration.
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, Management)
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...