The intern will be based in Washington, DC and provide graphic design support to the Corporate Marketing, Communications & Advocacy Department. The intern will report to the Associate Manager for Online Engagement & Communications.
As the organization's sole internal graphic designer, the intern's duties include but are not be limited to the following:
• Meet all graphic design needs of the CMCA department and of PSI's executive team from concepting to completion, including:
o PowerPoint presentations;
o Print designs, such as posters, mock spreads for Impact Magazine, and multi-page brochures;
o Brand and logo development for various conferences and events;
o Web graphics and UI design for the corporate website on Drupal platform;
o Electronic version of Impact Magazine on WordPress platform; and
o Fundraising emails and campaigns on ConstantConstant and html.
• Format new publications into existing InDesign templates, and update old publications when necessary.
• Create new InDesign and Word templates for publications in U.S. letter size and A4 sizes as necessary.
• Organize and maintain digital content in a multimedia database.
Job Description - Requirements
• Advanced proficiency in using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and Access.
• Recent graduate from a graphic design program.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
The position will require 30-40 hours per week, beginning in September, for a minimum of 6 months.
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and link to your online portfolio to email@example.com. Include "Graphic Design Internship Application" in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Population Services International - 10 months ago
PSI is a non-profit organization that applies commercial tools to a social mission in order to achieve measurable health impact. Since 1970,...