Internships: Any Internship
Graphic Design Internship - New York Islanders Hockey Club (Uniondale, NY)
Graphic Design Internship:
Interns assisting in the New York Islanders graphic design department can expect to help design collateral materials such as flyers, brochures and logos. Interns will assist in the innovative marketing of the club. Interns will gain experimental learning in the real and exciting world of entertainment and sports.
being able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Background in graphic design
- Interns must be PROFICIENT IN ADOBE, INDESIGN, PHOTOSHOP & ILLUSTRATOR
- Have their own Mac laptop with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong leadership skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and energetic personality
- Eligible to receive course credit
- Must possess strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, in addition to
Islanders University is an experience unlike any other. As a participant in the Islanders University program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful professional sports organization.
“Interns are the foundation of any successful organization,” New York Islanders Owner Charles Wang said. “We are searching for prospective employees that would like an opportunity in the ever competitive sports industry. As part of Islanders University, interns will experience the thrill of closing a sale, the importance of serving as an ambassador for the team in the community and the excitement of designing some of the most cutting edge merchandise seen around the league.”
An intern should expect to work anywhere from 20-30 hours each week (days and hours can be flexible based on school schedules) and these hours would include working most events/game nights. All intern positions call for general administrative work including, but not limited to: maintaining/organizing files, data entry, copying, filing and faxing. Interns must possess strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills. Interns must be proficient in Microsoft Office and internet navigation. Interns also must have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, in addition to being able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize. A professional attitude will be expected. Please see below for descriptions of specific intern positions.
**To be considered for an internship, you must include the following:
** Financial compensation is NOT available.
- Cover Letter with department that you would be most interested in
- Days/Hours available
** We do NOT provide housing or transportation.
NHL - 23 months ago