Support the Orlando Magic Creative Services department by assisting in the design, development and production of creative projects and services, with the primary focus as a graphic designer.
- Reports To: Creative Director
- Indirectly Reports To: None
- Hiring Authority: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Game night responsibilities: No
- Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
- Event night responsibilities: No
- Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
- Design and layout a wide variety of print materials such as newspaper and magazine advertisements, event signage, flyers, brochures, posters, post-cards, direct mail pieces, banners, invitations, etc.
- Prepare files for print vendors
- File management: archiving, manipulating, and distributing Magic art files.
- Preparing and printing jobs for proofs and final outputs.
- Assist Graphic Designers with preparation of projects including researching useable photos, taking photos of elements, scanning elements, etc.
- Research and review promotional strategies of other organizations and participate in group strategy brain storming sessions and meetings
- Makes minor decisions and the use of judgement
- All other duties as assigned.
- Junior, senior or graduate-level college students and recent college graduates (up to 18 months) in the fields of Graphic Design or related field.
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite-Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator in a MAC environment.
- Excellent design skills and creativity.
- Knowledge of production for collateral including scanning, pre-press and print production.
- Knowledge of still photography and an eye for photographic shots that will convey necessary messages of the design.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading, and abilities is preferred.
- Highly organized, motivated and able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to take design direction.
- Flexibility in handling a variety of assignments with changing priorities under the restraints of deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, outside agencies, organizations, and vendors with a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow-up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Some knowledge of NBA basketball.
Orlando Magic - 10 months ago
This organization hopes to work a little voodoo on the basketball court. The Orlando Magic is a professional basketball franchise that joine...