This is for the summer internship. The goal of an internship program is to provide the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will:
Required Qualifications *Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
- Provide hands-on training and experience in the business line.
- Expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas.
- Prepare participants for positions in the business. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area.
- Participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
Preferred Qualifications *Ability to communicate effectively.
- At least one full year of college and pursuing a degree in a related field.
- Ability to undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Ability to participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- Ability as specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Ability to Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience on a Macintosh computer, trained in 2 or more Adobe programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flash, AfterEffects, etc.
- Coursework in design focused on Corporate and Marketing Communications, such as brochures, newsletters, manuals, posters, displays, invitations that are printed or presented electronically.
- Graphic Design Interns will be expected to handle a large volume of diverse clients and projects simultaneously, producing high quality work, meeting deadlines dependably in a fast-paced environment.
- Graphic Design Interns may be involved in work that may be strategically sensitive and confidential.
Gateway Health Plan
- 3 years ago - save job