To work alongside the Sr. Manager, Multimedia Production and Senior Graphic Designer in an open and creative environment to meet the graphic design needs of the Arizona Diamondbacks organization. We seek a competent and experienced designer that will be able to work with every department in the organization to effectively determine visual requirements for each job request that support the overall goals of the D-backs. This candidate will be a smart, motivated and capable designer with strong communication skills to effectively work on a small team that is creating big things.
Primary (Essential) Duties
1. Work directly with the Senior Graphic Designer and design team in brainstorming, developing and executing design work for the organization. These include but are not limited to marketing materials, logos, signage, installations, promotional items, advertisements, brochures, flyers, etc.
2. Create high-end designs under tight deadlines while managing multiple job requests and revisions, while keeping the project in the budget allotted
3. Effectively communicate and coordinate with the Sr. Manager, Multimedia Production to ensure that all designs communicate the desired message and functions successfully for the multitude of jobs you will receive
4. Take ownership of the creative process for each project you are assigned, including inter-departmental communication, problem solving and business decision-making.
5. Provide creative input, ideas and concepts for the overall marketing and brand development of the organization
6. Demonstrate and support the service nature of the multimedia production department
7. Identify fresh and emerging internal and external opportunities to promote the D-backs brand on multiple levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Clear understanding of the organization’s brand standards
- Extensive knowledge of design techniques, print production, and signage installation design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office on MAC platform and Outlook
- Expertise in current graphic design practices, including fluency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Consistently take initiative to complete tasks and projects with limited supervision
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple jobs in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal clients regarding design projects
- Must maintain professional attitude at all times and be receptive to project changes
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Must have an understanding of the role graphic design plays in the marketing and sales process
Education Requirements • Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or closely related discipline
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- 4 + years of professional experience in the Graphic Design field, within an agency or in a corporate environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform physical activities such as setting up for an event or producing print mocks
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Travel less than 20%
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
MLB - 17 months ago