VIZIO,Inc .,headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV andconsumer Electronics Company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … andlive! Based on the belief that everyone is entitled to the latest technology, VIZIO is committed to bringing feature-rich consumer electronics to market at a valuet through practical innovation. We are seeking a Graphic Designer Intern for our Summer Internship program.
• Perform computer production work forprint materials.
• Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
• Perform touch-up work on product photos.
• Maintain archive, renaming and/or moving files as necessary.
• Maintain appropriate documentation tracking project development and changing
• Make changes at the direction of project owners or senior design staff.
• Finalize jobs using appropriate file and output formats and naming conventions.
• Archive complete projects according to department guidelines.
• Demonstrate a strong desire to learn from senior staff and cross-functional teams.
• Develop skillset independently whenever time allows, always seeking ways to make
oneself a more productive member of the team.
• Complete responsibilities in a professional manner, always with the Company’s mission and goals in mind.
• Currently working on a B.A. or B.F.A. in Graphic Design with the intent to pursue a career in Graphic Design.
• Strong academic record.
• Basic skill level using Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and XML.
• Proficient with MS Office products(Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Comfortable using either Apple or Windows PCs.
• Basic understanding of fonts and typography.
• Readiness to learn from seniorstaff, receptive to constructive feedback.
• Ability to communicate, bothverbally and in writing.
• Basic project management skills;able to juggle multiple projects and timelines in
collaboration with both internal and external teams
• Energetic and driven with a strongsense of urgency
• Organized and process oriented, with ability to work independently and to manage
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...