Marketplace Missions, and Atlanta based non-profit organization established in 1995, located in the heart of Downtown Marietta Square, is in need of 1-2 interns who are looking for an opportunity grow in knowledge, skills and experience.
We are publishing a cause-related community magazine that needs interns who desires to pursue a career as an Graphic Designer. The graphic designer will report to and work with the Senior and Junior Editor to assist with the creative process of the magazine. This is a great chance to get class credit, gain experience, expand your portfolio and complete a stepping-stone in your career.
Primary Duties for Graphic Designer Include:
• Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas
• Presenting ideas
• Meeting with Editors and adjusting designs to fit the needs or taste of magazine concept.
• Using computer software to execute designs
• Working with others, such as printers or others, to complete the final product
Graphic Designer should have:
• Artistic Sensibility
• Technical Skill
• Communication Ability
• Problem Solving Ability
• An eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
• Imagination and good visual sense
• Good IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs (Adobe)
• Leadership skills and the ability to be diplomatic and fair.
While there are no standard entry requirements, we do prefer someone who studies/studied or has a background in graphic design. You will receive on the job training and work with a team of other interns and staff.
Graphic Designer will work part time office hours, but meeting deadlines may involve working additional hours. Most of the time will be spent working in an office using a computer and holding regular meetings with other key members of staff.
If you feel this is a great opportunity, please respond with your resume and any examples of your work.
BarefootStudent.com - 11 months ago