* Communication: Applicant must possess excellent graphic communications skills. The applicant must be able to positively and professionally interact with all levels of Management and co-workers in order to create strong working relationships. Applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
* Initiative: Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
* Creativity: The applicant must possess the ability to create novel solutions, make constructive suggestions, adapt established methods for new uses, and pursue creative strategies.
* Organization: Applicant must be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented to handle multiple priorities and requests from inception to satisfactory completion with minimal supervision. The applicant must be able to meet due dates and schedule commitments.
* Flexibility: Applicant must be able to adapt to workload, process, and priority changes with a positive demeanor.
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
* Education: Successful candidate must have either a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent additional job experience.
* Related Experience: Minimum of five years experience in graphic design required.
Previous technical illustration experience required.
Experience with product photography is a plus.
* Equipment/Software Skills: Competence with Macintosh computers and basic familiarity with the PC environment are required.
Expertise with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, and multimedia skills required.
* Portfolio: Candidates must present an outstanding portfolio, which reflects print design, illustration, web support, and print expertise.
* Travel Expectations: No travel is expected in this position.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating of original artwork used by ADTRAN in its marketing activities. Projects may include, but are not limited to: signage, brochures, packaging, banners, direct mail, advertisements, posters, product slicks, CDs, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create high-quality original design, art, and copy layouts used by ADTRAN in its marketing activities.
* Create artwork projects such as style, size, and arrangement of type and illustrations, within set design parameters and stylistic guidelines consistent with the ADTRAN brand.
* Apply advanced skills and may adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
* Ensure quality projects are completed within set timeframes and budgetary constraints.
* Ensure that the ADTRAN brand is upheld and consistently maintain the corporate identity within all projects.
* Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
* Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.