GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Incumbent serves as Graphic Designer, responsible for developing conceptual art, creating eye-catching layouts, and finding appropriate images for stories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts for print magazine and tablet.
- Develops graphics and layouts for national and local page layouts.
- Works on multiple projects at a time and meets strict deadlines.
- Translates print pages to iPad using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- Must demonstrate a good command of publication layout and have an understanding of the print industry.
- 2+ years of prior experience in publication design or related field.
- Experience with Adobe DPS, web, and video editing is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator CS 5.5 or above.
- Ability to take print pieces and convert them to DPS and web files.
- Must be creative and ability to develop new ideas to resolve design problems.
- Proven experience in working efficiently and meeting strict deadlines.
- Working knowledge of HTML5, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, After Effects preferred.
- Strong understanding of core design skills such as typography, color, balance and scale and their application across print and digital.
- Solid understanding of interaction and usability best practices for tablets (iOS and Android).
- Ability to stay up-to-date and apply the latest software and technology trends.
- Organized, meticulous and able to work under tight deadlines and template restrictions.
Angie's List - 18 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...