Position Overview |
Birchbox is seeking a passionate, creative, and thoughtful graphic designer to join our Creative Team. We are changing the way people discover ecommerce products and we want someone who can ’t wait to play a huge role in defining and designing these new experiences.
The ideal candidate is fluent in current creative best practices and knows how to push the boundaries and create fresh designs. You notice every tiny detail without losing the big picture and are constantly critiquing and analyzing every brand experience. You are skilled with breaking apart problems into manageable parts and tackling each component with fervor and confidence. You are well-versed in our industry and product and know exactly how you ’d like to make it better. You°re comfortable quickly iterating your way to a final, well-thought out design solution. You know how to articulate the rationale behind every design decision you make.
You would be responsible for assisting in a broad range of projects, including email campaigns, print and packaging needs, social media promotions, and daily design updates. The ability to work quickly under pressure and turnaround designs on tight deadlines is crucial. Your design chops must be outstanding and care about every button gradient and every pixel of padding. There°s a lot to get done and the right candidate will be energized by the chance to work closely across teams to create the best creative solutions.
We work as a tight cross-disciplinary group so you need to feel comfortable working closely with Marketing, PR, and all Brand team members.
- Concept and design weekly emails and web promotions
- Create custom branded marketing presentations and promotions
- Support PR, Content, and Brand teams for custom design work
- Create custom packaging and print designs
- Assist in design strategies and campaigns
- Understand the brand and ensure its upheld through all Birchbox platforms
- Know how to ask the right questions and how to come up with answers
- 1-3 years of design experience
- A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had total creative control. Something where you were able to realize your vision, whether it ’s an app, website or blog
- The ability to juggle long term projects and daily design needs, with strong communication skills and a precise attention to details
- Masterful skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- An interest in digital design and print design
- Passion and ideas about the future of Birchbox
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.
Birchbox launched in the Fall of 2010 and is one of the fastest growing companies in New York. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. In September 2012, Birchbox expanded internationally with the acquisition of the Paris based discovery service JolieBox, operating in France, the UK, and Spain. You can get a feel for the buzz about Birchbox, by searching for us on YouTube: http://birch.ly/nl6nVp. For traditional media coverage, checkout our press page: http://www.birchbox.com/press.
Birchbox has offices in New York, Paris, London and Barcelona.
Launched in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty e-commerce company for both men and women. Birchbox redefines the retail process by offering...