Under general supervision of the Director of Communications, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for creation and execution of a variety of graphic materials for the District.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Creates all design pieces produced for the Department, including brochures, postcards, flyers, posters, signs, large-format graphics and web designs. Ensures that materials effectively communicate the appropriate marketing messages through creative design.
- Establishes graphics standards and style guidelines for the District, and ensures their consistent use throughout the District’s communications materials.
- Manages the print production process for all materials produced by the District.
- Creates designs specifically for the District’s website and other digital opportunities.
- Manages projects, taking a project quickly from concept to finished project, working with a team to deliver on time and on-budget.
- Produces large quantities of high-quality work in a limited time period.
- Quickly produces several design concepts and clearly discuss differences.
- Receives design direction from several sources and prioritizes effectively.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Must possess four (4) or more years of full-time work experience as a graphic designer, working with Adobe Creative Suites with experience in interactive design including HTML, rendering graphics for the web and understanding of information architecture.
- Possession of excellent professional project management skills working with teams or multiple sources.
- Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful, with impeccable design skill.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment while working on multiple projects at once.
- Possession of basic digital photography skills.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate issues or problems to management.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic or interactive design or substantially similar area from an accredited college or university.Must possess a digital portfolio with 3 brochures, 3 postcards, 3 posters, 3 large-format pieces, and 3 web designs.
General District Employment Requirements
PROOF OF EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST BE A RESIDENT OF COOK COUNTY OR ESTABLISH RESIDENCY IN COOK COUNTY WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMAIN A RESIDENT AT ALL TIMES DURING EMPLOYMENT WITH THE DISTRICT.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.
NPO.net - 23 months ago