Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This role is responsible for designing and creating graphics to meet specific communications or promotional needs, such as collateral and educational materials, logos, presentations, signage and displays.
Previous ad agency, printing company and graphic design professional experience expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing, public relations, communications, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Two years of related graphic design professional experience, OR An approved equivalent combination of training and experience.
Health care communications experience a plus!
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with the principles and practices of marketing/communications
- Ability to support organizational change initiatives and efforts to build employee awareness and commitment to the organization's vision.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of customers and vendors.
- Ability to work in team settings (both large and small teams)
- Ability to be flexible and able to accommodate the needs of a diverse and fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Senior Designer, Director of Public Relations and Marketing, colleagues in the Public Relations and Marketing departments, hospital administration, faculty physicians, and medical center staff.
- Maintain a strong, innate interest in medical science; can handle pressure situations; and demonstrate enthusiasm for the job.
- Designs and creates graphics to meet specific communications or promotional needs, such as collateral and educational materials, logos, signage and displays.
- Assist with developing communication plans to meet communications or marketing objectives, including, designing collateral materials like brochures, fact sheets, presentations and other materials.
- Responsible for graphic design project budgets, deadlines, management of multiple content contributors, final content review of materials and print trafficking.
- The ideal candidate will possess technical knowledge of graphic software including Adobe products: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Quark and have knowledge of printing and production methods.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Candidates will exhibit familiarity with the principles and practices of marketing/communications and will support organizational change initiatives and efforts to build employee awareness and commitment to the organization's vision.
- Works closely with the Senior Designer, Director of Public Relations and Marketing, colleagues in the Public Relations and Marketing departments, hospital administration, faculty physicians, and medical center staff.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the operation, organizational goals and initiatives, medical specialties and common health conditions and current affairs.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 24 months ago