The Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative concept and execution of marketing materials for one or more of PHH businesses (Mortgage, Fleet, Corporate). Partners with marketing and creative services teams in the timely development of creative concepts that are both compelling and on strategy. Ensures consistency and brand adherence from a design perspective while developing materials that are impactful and effective from a communication perspective. Acts as marketing management’s primary design contact. Provides regular updates and review of work in progress with VP, Brand Services. Assists VP, Brand Services in the following: presentations; directing and monitoring freelance staff and workload; improving processes, standards and workflow; and other responsibilities as needs arise.
Adhere to established brand standards and participate in evolution of graphic standards when appropriate; review materials created by outside entities for brand adherence. Must be fluent in design best practices across media for readability, usability, effectiveness and production efficiency. Collaborate with Digital media and IT team members to ensure best practices and delivery of a quality creative product. Ensure the highest quality of final marketing materials by partnering with print production managers to develop production specs, review proofs, and attend press checks. Present concepts to stakeholders with clearly articulated strategic reasoning. Delegate, art direct, and monitor workload of freelance designers ensuring that their work product meets or exceeds established standards in terms of quality, timeliness and accuracy. Art direct video, photography and outside partners as needed. Follow established work processes.
Functional Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree. BA or BFA in Graphic or Communication Design or Bachelor of Graphic Design preferred.
- Minimum experience required: 6-9 years
- Flexible and creative in working within graphic standards to meet strategic needs and media/channel-specific applications.
- Prior collaboration with writers in the development of creative concepts based on strategic input.
- Independently motivated to identify, suggest and help to implement new and better creative solutions and processes.
- Able to work, problem solve and multitask in rapidly changing environment, with changing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively across disciplines to achieve marketing objectives.
- Meticulous and thorough attention to detail, with demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- Prior industry experience in financial services preferred, although not mandatory.
- Portfolio including range of design samples in a variety of mediums which demonstrate knowledgeable use of typography, clear consistent informational hierarchy and conceptual story telling with words and images.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, ability to work with creative team, marketing, business units and clients.
- Strong typography skills in regard to establishing informational hierarchies and activating white space as evidenced by specific portfolio examples
- Ability to tell a story with a sequence of photos/imagery 3–5 (using both art directed photography and stock)
- Presentation of creative concepts to internal clients and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize their workload and that of junior and freelance design resources
- Proactive – anticipates needs, problems, opportunities and acts on them
- Flexible problem-solving approach
- Process-oriented with an uncanny ability to get things done
- Detail oriented and highly organized
PHH Arval - 9 months ago
Two staples of modern life -- homes and houses -- come together at PHH. The company's operations consist of PHH Vehicle Management Serv...