The Graphic Designer is part of an in-house team who creates communication materials that bring the Seventh Generation brand experience to life. The incumbent will develop visual solutions for our communication needs including product packaging, sell sheets, brochures, point of sale materials, print and web advertising, and digital newsletters. The work will be developed in accordance with brand standards, as well as through creative briefs from the requesting departments.
- Work with Art Director to translate ideas into design solutions that deliver on the business objectives of the creative brief.
- Develop digital and print advertising, website promotions, sell sheets, brochures, POS materials, packaging solutions and other printed/digital based consumer and trade collateral.
- Ensure creative solutions are consistent with overall brand parameters and guidelines.
- Conceptualize online and print experiences.
- Present design solutions to key stakeholders, communicating design strategy and rationale.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other members of the Creative Team, Marketing, Sales, Research & Development, other departments and external agencies to achieve project goals working within brand, regulatory and legal standard and requirements.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, research and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with others in the Creative and Marketing teams.
- Prepare art files for release to printers, developers or third-party websites.
- Attend photo shoots (product and lifestyle) as necessary, and product press checks, to ensure consistency and quality.
- Stay current with design trends and design software programs.
- Maintain digital assets and distribute to internal resources as necessary.
- Produce consistently accurate and high quality work.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in graphic design, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in graphic design field.
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods preferred.
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
- Proficiency working in print and digital mediums, with solid understanding of the differences between the two and the ability to effectively translate concept from one medium to the other.
- Highly efficient, with the ability to prioritize multiple details and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Very flexible and enjoys a variety of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (including Web graphics production), and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel when required.