The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help all the world’s people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. To achieve our mission, we have built a unique technology platform to enable, for the first time, the real-time pricing and purchasing of customizable weather insurance. Managing over 200 TB of data, including 34 trillion+ weather simulation data points, 150 billion soil type observations, and more than 3 million daily weather measurements, we are one of the largest users of Amazon Web Services.
Today The Climate Corporation is focused on helping farmers protect and increase their profits in the face of increasingly extreme weather. At the heart of the company is our unique Climate Insights™ technology platform, which encompasses our core competencies across weather monitoring, agronomic modeling, and weather simulation, and accounts for over 200 TB of data, including 34 trillion+ weather simulation data points, 150 billion soil type observations, and more than 3 million daily weather measurements. This platform powers the company’s portfolio of technology-based products and services, which are revolutionizing agricultural risk management and farm management.
At The Climate Corporation, leaving a mark on the world is in our DNA; we want to make a lasting and meaningful real-world impact. We relish big problems because they are the most interesting to tackle, the most rewarding, and typically, the most valuable to solve. We also thrive on finding the possible in the impossible.
If you are the best at what you do, you like solving interesting problems, and you are looking for like-minded people dedicated to having a major impact on the world, we are eager to talk with you.
See our video about what it’s like to work at The Climate Corporation.
See our video about what it’s like to work at The Climate Corporation: http://vimeo.com/62657628
The Climate Corporation is seeking for a brilliant creative, type lover and a genuine brand advocate. You must be comfortable working with CMYK and apply that design to RGB, you believe design has a purpose, and you’re avidly learning new skills. You have a strong point of view on design and it shows in your writing, speaking and your portfolio. Strong passion to making something and you see your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding. This is a challenging and dynamic opportunity for someone who lives and breathes graphic design.
• Lead all marketing collateral projects
• Lead minor branding projects
• Initiate and ship work that has a big impact
• Collaborate with designers, product managers and stakeholders
• Present your work in weekly design critiques
• Promote design thinking at The Climate Corporation
• Learn, inspire, and be inspired from all designers on the team
• Assists in creating and iterating visual designs for existing and new products and services
We want to find someone who brings fresh-view in shipping beautifully designed collateral for our product suite, advocating for great design, and helping a talented team take their work to the next level.
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Bachelors Degree in Design or have a great design background and POV to prove this
• Portfolio features great icon studies, illustrations, and creative branding work
• Deep knowledge of typography and grid systems
• 3+ years designing and branding
• Expert Adobe CC skills
• Passionate to design top notch icon sets and visual systems
• Can clearly articulate design decisions
• History of self-initiated projects
• Writes well and understands basic interface flows
The candidate must share an excellent portfolio of design samples geared toward the consumer market is required. Please include link to your portfolio or a PDF with your best samples.
What We Offer:
Our team is composed of some of the most brilliant interdisciplinary minds in the industry. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best product possible product and experience for our customers.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Stock options. Our success is your success The opportunity to learn business and sales operations skills at a company experiencing explosive growth
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks, drinks, fruits,coffees, and teas to help you get through the day
- Spend 25% of your time (2 solid weeks out of 8) exploring personallycompelling topics through independent research/development work
- Company sponsored outings, including go-kart races, kayaking, holiday yacht parties, and sporting events, etc.
- We sponsor hackathons, meetup groups, networking events, tech-talks,and conference trips. If you want to get involved in the techcommunity, we'll support your efforts
- We encourage all employees to better understand our customers bygetting out of the office and hearing firsthand from the agents andfarmers our products serve
- Energetic idea-driven work environment with an exciting culture
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that have a massive impact on the world
- A driven, talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through an innovative technology platform