Department: Creative Services, Eldora IA
Reports To: Creative Services Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Under general supervision of the Creative Services Manager, the Graphic Designer is responsible for designing, implementing, and coordinating a wide variety of creative work for United Suppliers and its owners. The Graphic Designer is also responsible for maintaining a consistent, fresh visual brand for United Suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Internal and Client based projects will include, but are not limited to, advertisements, brochures, reports, newsletters, posters, digital and printed signage, exhibits and displays, presentations, banners, web pages, business cards, letterhead, labels, tags and specialty items.
- Creates and maintains print-to-web and web solutions
- Stays up-to-date with the latest design and production technologies
- Searches for and edits both stock and in-house photography for artwork
- Maintains internal United Suppliers style guidelines
- Prepares final artwork for outside vendors and internal printing
- Researches and recommends new materials, methods, and techniques of production.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Coordinates projects with guidance from the Creative Services Manager
- Circulates proofs
General Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Skills/Support: Follows policies, procedures, and instructions; Meets productivity standards, schedules and responsibilities by using time efficiently; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Consistently at work and on time to meet deadlines and obligations; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals; Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills: Represents organization in a positive manner; Treats others with tact, respect and consideration; Maintains confidentiality; Reacts well under pressure; Able to cope with stress and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Accepts responsibility for own actions and able to work independently; Works with integrity.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2 years of professional experience working in an agency or corporate environment. Experience working with printers and experience with all phases of design, from concept to print.
Computer Skills - Must be skilled in graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and/or correspondence.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills, Abilities & Qualifications - Possess a valid state driver’s license. Need to have strong customer service skills; Must be able to handle stress and be tolerant of irregular working hours as necessary to meet deadlines and department obligations.
United Suppliers, founded in 1963, is a wholesale organization based in the rural community of Eldora, Iowa. We are owned by agricultural...