Graphic Production Lead
We’re looking for a team leader and graphic design guru with knowledge of outdoor and action sports brands and experience in designing for a retail environment. The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams of graphic designers and production artists and can take point on information flow and delegation of tasks. This person must be process-oriented and have a good eye for quality and detail, especially with regards to imaging and sizing. Must have strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, and MS Excel.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Graphic Production team. Act as coach and mentor to Graphic Production Artists. Empower the team by encouraging feedback, new solutions and innovations. Challenge and stretch the team toward greater design practices.
- Manage contractors through on-boarding and on-going training & mentoring
- Oversee scheduling of the graphic production team.
- Provide guidance and Standardization on processes. Ensure an efficient digital Imaging process is in place, documented and followed for in-house photo shoots and manipulating existing assets. Facilitate meetings with the team to arrive at improved processes and creative solutions
- Provide light project management for smaller projects in coordination with other team members.
- Ensure high image quality and best practices are followed.
- Provide direct, effective communication. Effectively communicate and coordinate across multiple departments.
- Understand overall company goals to direct graphic production team toward doing their part to achieve overall objectives.
Production Responsibilities :
- Navigate and utilize various online channels to pull product images; such as, FTP, email, online image repository and revision sites
- Find and verify products according to SKU and product title
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- File management and organization
- Make things desirable and pretty
- Ensure consistency of edited product images
- Quick & inventive problem solver. Able to produce and adjust quickly to high pace of workflow
- Stay abreast of latest design tools and trends. Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Excel. Knowledge of Lightroom, Trello, and Basecamp a plus.
As Time Permits:
- Liaison to Engineering Team:
- Ensure imaging improvements are possible
- Creative input for image display on website
- Liaison to Merchandising/Buying Team:
- Ensure product images meet needs of merchandising
- Manage in-house shoot process and sample inventory
- Liaison to Marketing
- Ensure product images meet the needs of marketing
- A comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop and photo manipulation.
- Clipping out backgrounds.
- Scale, color correcting, etc.
- Making products look good and true to form.
- Ability to build images from scratch a plus
- Functional understanding of Microsoft Office products, Mac OS X/Windows Platforms.
- Basic/Intermediate Web/Web Search skills, more advanced skills a plus.
- Basic photography knowledge.
- Highly organized and deeper understanding of tools to manage small inventory.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter. Have a knack for accuracy and quality control.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Can balance and prioritize multiple tasks and changing objectives.
- Committed to The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
How to Apply:
- Attach your résumé.
- Provide a link to your portfolio.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.
The Clymb - 15 months ago