Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Production Specialist to join our team. Only local candidates need apply as there is no relocation assistance for this position. Fluency in Japanese required.
The Graphic Production Specialist is responsible for creating English and local language files. Files have to be built to specification and schedule and follow Wizards of the Coast’s file-building guidelines. Other duties include building support documents, logos, and other graphic files for internal and external use and managing file transfers to pre-press.
- Produce graphic files for all English and local language files, cards, packaging, logos, graphics, and components with Japanese emphasis.
- Serve as production specialist and subject matter expert for the Production Manager and Art Director to ensure high quality design is generated as intended.
- Troubleshoot native files and find technical and process solutions.
- Communicate project status by attending meetings and keeping in touch with team members.
- Manage immediate individual work schedule, track job numbers, time, and materials usage on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Workload management skills required.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop required.
- Professional level knowledge of file building for press required.
- Fluency in Japanese (reading and writing) required.
- Excellent organizational skills and critical eye for detail required.
- Excellent customer services skills required.
- Familiarity with printing processes, including imposition and trapping highly desired.
- Familiarity with Japanese ruby text highly desired.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people preferred.
- Familiarity with IDML and XML formats preferred.
- Overall knowledge of WotC’s product development processes and WotC products preferred.
- Answer questions and assist clients, other team members and new personnel.
- Keep up to date on current technology.
- Continually help create, test, and improve workflow and color management procedures.
- College Degree with 1-2 years of graphic arts training and/or coursework.
- 5 years work experience required with an aptitude in core competencies and job skills referenced.
- Fluency in Japanese (reading and writing).
Travel Requirements :
There is no expectation of travel in this position.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
It should take a candidate 4 months to reach full a performance level in this position.
Physical Requirements: .
- Normal office working conditions.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Regular exposure to computer monitor.
- Job requires being able to sit at a terminal 6 hours a day.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...