Section II Summary:
The purpose of this position is to use our knowledge and experience in combination with information provided by the Prepress CSR to convert client supplied files into usable files for output for various printing processes.
Section III Responsibilities of the Job:
1. Quality Philosophy
2. Job Duties
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality effort
- Promote a team approach to problem solving
- Never sacrifice quality just to make a deadline
- Ensure consistencies are being followed with all Assembly Technicians
- Servers are managed and maintained on daily basis
- Correctly assemble jobs per instructions.
- Prepare files for output for various printing processes.
- Work with Prepress Supervisor in order to cover scheduling needs
- Work with Prepress Supervisor to train Assembly Technicians
- Prepare proof to check contents and quality of job.
- Ensure all proofing output devices are calibrated for print conditions
- Follow all procedures for process flows.
- Ensure documentation is filled out correctly.
4. Other Responsibilities
- Communicate service issues and ideas for improvement to the Prepress Supervisor
- Work with Prepress Supervisor on new technologies and workflows
- This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Section IV Organizational Relationships:
2. Outside Contacts
- This position reports directly to the Prepress Supervisor
- There will be direct relationships with outside customers and vendors. All purchasing must be done in compliance with Graphic Packaging purchase order policy.
- There will be direct relationships with co-workers within sales department, production departments, and manufacturing departments. These relationships should be on a professional level, and a positive work environment should be maintained.
Section V General:
- This is a Salary non-exempt position
- This is a full-time position
Production schedules may dictate variations in shift hours.
- Daily work hours are from
- 7:00 am to 3:00 pm-1st Shift
- 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm-2nd shift
- 11:00 pm to 7:00 am-3rd shift
Section VI Position Qualifications
·Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
Trade school or apprentice program.
Minimum 5 years working in Pre-Press or related field in Manufacturing.
- Good written & verbal skills Communications
- Advanced computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must have a good working knowledge of Electronic pre-press systems. (Trapping, Color Rotation, File Resolution, etc.)
- Being a proactive thinker in order to help locate and provide solutions for problem areas in regards to all applications.
- Packaging Experience
- The ability to take a lead role while providing support with-in a team setting.
- Color corrections
- Color retouching
- Basic color theory
- Have a well-rounded understanding of the different printing process, Offset, Flexo, Roto Gravure, and Silk Screen.
Graphic Packaging - 2 years ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...