The “Graphics Designer – Staff” position’s primary responsibility is to provide responsive support to key stakeholders with the execution of the annual marketing communications plan for the company’s five platforms. The graphics designer will receive direction and oversight from the Graphics Designer Senior and the Marketing Communications Manager as it relates to the platform’s marketing projects. The duties include graphics design, creation and updating of various product marcom collateral. Project management will also be a major part of the job, driving through and overseeing projects from commencement to completion . The position will also help define changes and updates that are needed to product and other content on flowserve.com and Passport and will support our literature print and fulfillment process. The role will be involved in various graphic design projects simultaneously and must be dynamically responsive to key stakeholder’s fast-changing requirements and priorities. The role will be based at Flowserve Headquarters in Dallas, to ensure consistent proximity and availability to key stakeholders.
- Support all platform Marketing Communications and Global Communications standards and programs, especially our brand strategy. Ensure that all platform marketing communications comply with all of our standards.
- Marcom collateral creation & management—Support new and existing products and services through the development and maintenance of marcom collateral (product brochures, technical guides, installation instructions, presentations, etc.). Provide design support for projects such as signage for events, posters, graphics for Passport and website promotions, basic brochures/flyers, etc.
- Provide responsive graphics design support for marketing programs—Provide diverse range of marcom graphic design support for various programs (trade shows, leadership presentations, product presentations, etc.); coordinate with external agencies and other resources to enhance efficiency and cost savings, while continually adhering to corporate brand standards.
- Be responsive to and work directly with key stakeholders at HQ and other locations to provide fast reaction to changes in business needs and priorities.
- Provide responsive graphics design support for executive communications (Presidents and VPs) deliverables such as presentations, videos, and newsletters.
- Serve as a real-time liaison and contact for associates with questions or requests for maintenance and updates of marketing content on Passport and flowserve.com. Defines necessary changes and works with external agency to see that they are properly implemented.
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate with Global MarCom team members, platform operations, product management, global communications and vendors to ensure projects support the various platform business strategies.
- Engage with Global MarCom team in brainstorming marketing and creative strategies
- Support the print and fulfillment activities. Work with print vendors in managing the online literature ordering tool. Prepare press files for printing as needed. Promote the use of electronic literature when appropriate, to help with cost savings.
- Help execute the annual platform marcom plans as needed. Support other platform communications activities as needed. Provide general support to Graphics Designer – Senior and the Strategic Marketing Managers as needed. Provide backup to Graphics Designer – Senior as needed.
- Liaise with ad agency, TricomB2B, as needed.
- Periodic overtime required based on project priorities and changes from the business
- Other job duties as assigned
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required
- Four-year degree in marketing, graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong graphic design skills preferably within a corporate environment
- 2-3 years of experience directly managing graphic design projects and literature management in a global, B2B environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage outside vendors, such as agencies and printers
- Team player; collaborates and effectively engages at all levels in order to get the job done
- Self-driven and independent with the ability to successfully drive projects with some ambiguity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications as well as Adobe Creative software (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Multi language proficiency is a plus
- Role based in Dallas, TX
Flowserve is pumped about flow control equipment. After reorganizing in 2010 the company operates through two segments. Flow Control...