Graphic Designer - Lynchburg, VA
Job Code: RFCD06131033
Harris RF Communications is the leading global supplier of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government and commercial organizations and a leading supplier of assured communications systems and equipment for public safety, utility and transportation markets, with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks to portable and mobile single- and multiband radios.
The Graphic Designer position is responsible for the original conception, design, layout, coordination of complex editorial illustrations and creative artwork for publications such as proposals, magazines, brochures, handbooks, and posters for the needs of the business incorporating a mix of creative thinking, planning and project management skills. The Graphics position is relied on by others as a knowledgeable source of information and may also provide guidance to lower level employees and exert influence on overall objectives of the team. The candidate must express a willingness to proactively learn about technologies, products and applications related to the public safety and professional communications industry. In this position, projects tasks are assigned; however, candidates in this position will also be encouraged to proactively develop projects to advance the overall goals of the business. Additional responsibilities are to: (1) interface with other departments to clarify project understanding; (2) meet the constraints of the project timeline; (3) deliver high-quality design solutions while contributing to the content; (4) insist on editorial and technical accuracy; (5) have the ability to work projects in parallel; and, (5) a knowledge of photography and digital print processes.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Engineering or similarly related degree with 3 years experience
- Experience using Windows-based design and presentation software found in Adobe CS4 Standard and Microsoft Office 2003 suites
- Experience with digital file formats (TIFF, GIF, EPS, and PDF)
- A portfolio containing examples of work in print and digital formats that display an intermediate knowledge level of graphic design principles, using various media and production methods
- Experience providing design services in a wide variety of formats to this market
- Agency experience preferred
- Skills designing web sites, interactive multimedia, and creating 3D animation.
- Knowledge of Flash, Dreamweaver, Contribute and SharePoint Designer
- A willingness to learn other software and design principles as required.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
USA - VA - Lynchburg
Harris Corporation - 20 months ago
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...