The qualified applicant will have strong graphic design and production skills for both print and digital content and be responsible for supporting a range of communications programs, including using various images and graphics to convey concepts in proposals, promote products and/or services, and to create brand awareness. You will need strong organizational and design skills to perform a variety of functions, which could include: collateral production, writing and editing, designing templates and promotional material, maintaining libraries and a variety of communications. Major emphasis will be on supporting the company’s Bids and Proposals team in the creation of visually appealing proposals that communicate our solution offerings and improve our ability to win new contracts.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about design aesthetics with the ability to translate text, thoughts and concepts into visual illustrations, diagrams, workflows and other visual media – emphasizing key messages and win themes. The candidate should be experienced, flexible, energetic and able to multitask on multiple efforts at any given time. The person will work independently and on proposal development and marketing teams in order to meet deadline driven schedules in a fast paced environment. This person will participate during planning sessions to understand the business requirements and how to best position graphics in proposal and marketing communications.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Working on proposals and support proposal development teams
- Strong communication skills – ability to create visual communications from complex thoughts and concepts
- Assist with developing, maintaining and/or support collateral, newsletters, brochures, presentations, and many other materials as needed
- Ensure brand consistency, both visually and through the tone and messaging. (This includes having good proofreading skills to ensure accuracy of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.)
- Have the ability to work with product managers, solution experts and other groups to understand our product offerings.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining brand standards.
- Maintain our image/presentation libraries and create the various graphics that will be used across the company.
- Assist with creating and maintaining our Intranet and website content.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- Experience in Marketing of technical solutions
- Desktop Publishing
- ID management solution experience, such as biometrics and/or applicant data processing and verification
- APMP Certifications
- MicroSoft Office
- DoD Clearance
- Experience in creating internal and external communications
- Superior presentation and design skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing or related environment responsible for design and production activities
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and all Adobe design products (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenship.