Turbine is looking for a mid to senior level engineer to work closely with the game development teams in order to help them make the most of Turbine’s award winning MMOG engine and deliver fun and engaging game play experiences. This engineer will learn the features of the game’s client graphics and will recommend and implement features for all of Turbine’s products. Qualified candidates should be equally capable of implementing game-specific mechanics as well as new low-level systems and tools which extend the functionality of the Turbine engine.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a professional work-environment and be capable of working closely (and calmly) with peers and managers in high pressure situations. The candidate should possess strong communication skills and be able to discuss technical issues with artists and designers.
The candidate should demonstrate their drive, motivation, and dedication to computer games and game technology. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated gamer and be able to critically analyze the game play and technology of state-of-the-art videogames.
- Enhance Turbine’s graphics engine for an exciting new project.
- Debug and fix graphics visual and performance bugs arising during product development and testing.
- Develop and maintain other game engine systems as needed.
- Implement portions of game systems logic and advise game systems engineers on interfacing with the engine code.
- Lead technical design discussions on own systems.
- Analyzes requirements for, designs, and implements modular systems as requested.
- Provide reliable and accurate time estimates for tasks.
- Document systems thoroughly, both in terms of design and implementation.
- Maintain significant familiarity within engineering domain.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years of graphics-related experience on PC or consoles.
- High proficiency with C++.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with STL.
- Experience with source control processes.
- A passion for games and game technology.
•2+ years of game industry experience.
•Online multiplayer game experience.
•Having a self-written a game or game engine.
•MS in computer science.
•DirectX 9-11 shader experience.
•Working with level editors and scripting systems of other games.
Turbine - 16 months ago