The Cadmus Group, Inc. seeks a seasoned technical consultant to support policy analysis, strategy development, development of technical guidance and specifications, social marketing and communications for green and healthy building programs. The candidate must understand and have experience with green building design.
This position will require policy analysis, program planning, and coordinating outreach with and for federal, state, and local government officials; decision makers in K-12 schools and universities; architects; building owners; and leaders of related professional associations. Responsibilities may include providing training and technical assistance to building managers and contractors for indoor environmental quality requirements (e.g., specifications and protocols).
• Manage multi-disciplinary teams, project budgets and timelines, client relations and communications and be responsible for all deliverables on projects related to green and healthy buildings.
• Write, edit and produce technical reports, presentations and guidance related to green and healthy building topics and translate technical building design, retrofit, assessment and mitigation information for communication to consumer audiences.
• Work closely with and support experts in indoor environments, building science, energy efficiency, green building, and strategic communications at Cadmus and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, among others.
• Conduct presentations (both virtual and in-person) on indoor environment and building science topics.
• Manage staff and assist with coaching, staff development and team-building.
• Assist with the development of new business and the preparation of proposals.
• BS/BA in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Public Health, Facility Management/Building Operations, Public Policy, Economics, Construction Management or related area of study.
• Masters in business, building science, environmental health, public policy, or related field (or relevant experience).
• 5+ years of federal government contracting experience for EPA, DOE, HUD, GSA or CDC or nonprofit experience.
• LEED Accredited Professional credential, or qualifications and willingness to become a LEED AP.
• Experience working with or in the building industry and experience explaining green building and healthy home design, construction and retrofit concepts to consumers.
• Technical understanding of and experience in compliance with voluntary building rating systems, and new construction and major renovations standards and codes for the commercial and residential sectors (e.g., ENERGY STAR, Indoor airPLUS, IECC, ASHRAE).
• Ability to understand and explain building science concepts that contribute to healthy buildings to industry professionals.
• Work well individually and collaboratively in teams to manage projects and foster client relationships. These multi-disciplinary teams include building science experts, architects, engineers, economists, writers, editors, graphic designers and others trades.
• Experience facilitating small work groups and driving to decisions and action.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience as an articulate, public speaker or teacher/trainer.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior quantitative skills and strong organizational abilities, with attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, Excel and other software.
• Home builder, general contractor, experienced HERS Rater or LEED-Homes assessor with interest and knowledge of building science and IAQ issues.
• Experience creating guidance for the building industry that is based on the best available building science through previous consulting work or through participation in rating system or standards setting committees such as USGBC TAG or ASHRAE committees.
This position is located in either our Arlington, VA or Bethesda, MD, office and will require occasional travel.
The Cadmus Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.