Job Title: Assistant Third Shift Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Hourly
Reports To: Grocery Department Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Third Shift associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of third shift grocery department operations, to include but not limited to: ordering, stocking, merchandising, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Third Shift associates.
2. Ensures all department standards are being met in the Grocery department.
- Trains new Third Shift Grocery associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Third Shift associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with third shift grocery associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews for Third Shift Grocery associates
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Third Shift associates
3. Provides customer service to guests.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Grocery Department Manager and Third Shift associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all sanitation within Third Shift department
4. Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
5. Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: forklift, harness, power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...