Job Summary: As part of our Grocery Department and front-end team, this position supports our store in areas of product maintenance and customer service, including prompt checkout and accurate cash handling. This fast-paced, product oriented position provides customers with outstanding service, communicates product information, and helps with the maintenance and display of products within the department.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product presentation.
- Based upon inventory levels, places orders accordingly.
- Receives products in a timely manner and makes preparations for stocking.
- Efficiently stocks shelves with products.
- Performs shelf maintenance and faces merchandise.
- Executes Grocery Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures accuracy and promptness in customer checkout.
- Follows all front-end tendering procedures, including cash handling, check cashing, credit and debit processing, electronic benefits transfers, gift certificates, and miscellaneous tender.
- Ensures accurate tender handling is achieved; consistently balances till without overages or shortages.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Effectively prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Manager and/or Store Director team.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Proven experience working within a grocery department preferred.
- Prior experience with completing and placing product orders required.
- Proven cash handling experience preferred.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
Metropolitan Market - 11 months ago