Job Summary: As leader of our Grocery Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, full profit and loss control, and personnel development. Candidates will be willing to accept the position of Grocery Manager at any of our Puget Sound area locations. This position requires travel to multiple store locations as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Orders all products for the Grocery Department.
- Completes Grocery Department night crew work schedule.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Grocery Department.
- Assists in maintaining pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Grocery Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all grocery products are consistently achieved.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Grocery Clerk.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years grocery experience required.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers. Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
Metropolitan Market - 14 months ago