"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Grocery team, you will be responsible for replenishing stock for our customers. The majority of your time will be spent on the sales floor, directly interacting with our customers and ensuring they are able to find the products they need. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Dairy and Frozen Departments, as well as the Front End service area.
- Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring products are replenished on the shelves and helping customers locate product.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers. Be knowledgeable of weekly ad items.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product on the shelf, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Set up displays on the sales floor.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Written Communication
- Takes Direction
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Communication (verbal)
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Safety Cutter
- Trash compactor
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses...