A Warehouse Selector will work individually selecting full case items from a warehouse pick slot. The Warehouse Selector will fit these items on a pallet, plastic-wrap the bundles, and deliver the pallet to a dock where they are loaded onto a trailer. This is a physically demanding position. A Warehouse Selector will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, seeing, hearing, handling paperwork, lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs to 60 lbs, stooping, balancing, and hearing.
Successful candidates will have : the ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
Position Summary : Selects full case items from a warehouse pick slot. Selector fits items on a pallet and plastic wraps the bundles for secure loading on the truck.
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards.
- Use a headset to find individual items within warehouse.
- Remove full cases of product from storage rack and place on pallet.
- Maneuver pallet on an electric pallet jack until full or order is complete.
- Ensure item pick accuracy and safety of product to prevent damage.
- Inform supervisor of any discrepancies in case quantity and product description.
- Manually wrap the pallet by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure.
- Constant standing, walking, driving, carrying, twisting, bending, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. Lifting of objects weighing from less than twenty pounds to sixty pounds.
- Frequent stooping, balancing, and hearing.
- Occasional pushing, sitting, feeling, reaching, climbing, pulling, gripping of items ranging from under twenty pounds to over sixty pounds.
- Constant standing, walking, twisting, bending.
- Lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs to 60 lbs.
Description of Work Environment:
- Temperatures of various areas of the warehouse can range from -20° Fahrenheit in the freezer section to 80° Fahrenheit in dry grocery.
- Steel toed shoes are REQUIRED!
- Selectors are scheduled to work four ten-hour days per week.
- Over-time is mandatory.
Our company continues to grow. If you would like to be part of our winning team: APPLY NOW!
- Must be willing to work 10-hour days plus over-time
- Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. Is An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
C&S Wholesale Grocers - 19 months ago