Scitor Corporation has a new opportunity for a mid- to senior level engineer (cleared) to work on a team of ground systems technical experts in operations and integration assessment special program. The successful candidate will lead technical and non-technical solutions to a wide range of complex challenges within a classified project on a daily basis for operations customers. Responsibilities include:
- Satellite and ground systems technical understanding, process discipline, and risk assessment for operations customers;
- Work in conjunction with the Ops lead perform outreach across the program divisions as well externally to development contractor and mission partners;
- Work in conjunction with the Ops lead prepare and report on as well attend meetings for engineering change boards associated with configuration control, integrated master schedule;
- Coordinate daily operations and customer needs to support operational requests, special activities, and test while dealing with anomalies
- Develop and oversee operational procedures/documentation for new vehicle routines to ensure operational and customer requirements are met
- Mentor engineers on operational support such as transitioning projects and the readiness, launch, and initialization of new systems
- Advocate for and led project to increase operations automation through process improvement, risk reduction and requirement reviews
- Direct operation and maintenance of the multiple on-orbit satellites for short and long-term system health status; establish metrics and statistical analysis trends
- Manage multi-segment projects to improve system reliability, reduce expenditures, and modify requirements to meet changing customer expectations
- Identify system vulnerabilities and threat sources, obtain risk evaluations, document current mission system capabilities, and develop innovative mitigation procedures or enhanced system requirements
- Additional role includes potential training. This role mandates the need for the applicant to possess strong communication and organizational skills, work proactively, in conjunction with a mentor and as well as independently in a highly effective technical team member
The candidate will work alongside and lead an established team to establish and maintain mission operations vision and strategy. Assist in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining processes across the organization. Recommendations must be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the organization’s objectives.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Be willing to learn new disciplines, functionality such as acquisition/engineering life-cycle aspects, from requirement architecture analysis, evaluation, design, development, integration and test
- Have the ability to apply high-level business principles and technical methods to difficult technical problems to arrive at creative engineering solutions
- Support program control gates for readiness; evaluate ops systems and transition of systems into operations
- Support/participate in all program/project specific readiness evaluation teams; highlight impact of issues and proposed resolution
- Complete documentation and assist the customer in the transition of systems from development to ops
Scitor was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with operating locations throughout the United States. Scitor Corporation provides engineering, management consulting and information services to outstanding customers in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, other government agencies, and commercial industry. Recognized as a trusted advisor, Scitor Corporation is the forward-thinking provider of a pioneering service concept called Total Solutions™. We integrate technical, programmatic and acquisition disciplines to build fully defined and executable solutions — all focused on mission success.
The Scitor Total Solutions approach begins with a world-class workforce comprised of professionals from broadly diversified backgrounds. We collaborate with our customers and throughout our company on all phases of complex systems and programs — from initial concept and requirements definition, to acquisition, development and deployment, to operations and maintenance. We are proud of our reputation for integrity, innovation, excellence and the results our Total Solutions produce for our customers.
Working at Scitor is more than a job. It means working with intelligent, innovative and accomplished people. It means having access to a very competitive Total Rewards Program specifically designed and managed to support you and your family. It means being part of a team that shares a passion for doing what is right. It means working for a company based on trust.
Challenging, important work, an environment of empowerment and a very competitive Total Rewards Program provide the foundation for exciting careers at Scitor.
US Citizenship is required as this position requires candidate to obtain and/or maintain a government security clearance. Scitor Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Visit our website at www.scitor.com.
Scitor, which gets its name from the Latin word meaning "to seek to know," counts on the fact that its clients are looking for an...