Swissport, Inc. is the #1 leading Ground Services provider in the world. Employing over 34,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 650 client companies at 185 airport locations in 37 countries on five continents, Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Fueling, Aircraft Maintenance, and Aviation Security. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Consider being a part of an organization that has earned recognition as the Global Aviation Ground Services company for the last eleven consecutive years in a row and Cargo Handling Agent of the Year for the last three consecutive years! Our mission is simple – “To strengthen our number one position.”
Role & Responsibilities
To provide all necessary and required preventive and on-call maintenance on motorized/ non-motorized, gasoline/diesel/battery fueled aircraft ground support equipment (GSE).
These are tasks an Individual can expect to Perform (as well as other duties as assigned):
- Able to operate all ground support equipment to include service trucks (electric and diesel).
- Under supervision perform preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Under supervision respond to requests for on-call maintenance on all ground support equipment
- Under supervision trouble-shoot and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Under supervision be able to repair, weld and fabricate all non powered equipment
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment as required
- Under supervision remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired.
- Under supervision respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Order and pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Provide information, both written and verbal, of work done for accounting and recording.
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Report to the Manager in a timely manner on issues and activities likely to influence desired outcomes and good customer relations.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- To quickly develop work practices to ensure compliance with all Management System requirements, including quality, Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) and environmental management requirements
- Perform other duties as required by the manager
- Excellent Communication skills
- Some Computer Knowledge