Ground Service Technician
This position will perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and modification to Ground Support Equipment (GSE). They will ensure safe and reliable equipment, to be complaint with the company standards and any governing agency guidelines and/or regulations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Education and experience required:
- Participate in the company and department Quality Process by identifying customer needs and continuously innovating to meet those needs.
- Under the supervision of the MTC Supervisor, Technicians and/or Production Control Supervisor perform entry-level maintenance of GSE in accordance with current company procedures, industry standards, and/or manufacturers specifications to ensure safe and reliable equipment.
- Under supervision will perform GSE stockroom clerk duties such as ordering, receiving, disbursement and restocking shelves within the GSE stockroom.
- Complete all required paperwork or current procedures necessary to maintain proper documentation for equipment and inventory history.
- Perform activities as required to ensure a safe, efficient and cost effective work environment and provide support to the entire department.
- Complete all classroom training, current and recurrent, and on the job training as required to remain current with the latest standards set by the company, industry and/or governing agencies.
- Demonstrate basic computer applications and the ability to learn the computer systems.
- Ability to operate all GSE shop equipment to aid in fulfilling job duties.
- Initiate to learn additional duties as required or requested by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have experience in the following areas of repair: Engine oil/cooling system servicing and chassis lubrication, tire mounting and dismounting, transmission and differential servicing, automotive style electrical systems, basic hydraulic brake servicing, basic tune-up skills, component replacement skills
- Must be able to operate all GSE shop equipment to aid in the repairs of equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related field (auto or truck repair)
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and above average mechanical skills
- Must be willing to learn new skills and tasks.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record that will pass the criteria set by our insurance carrier for on the job coverage.
- Must have ability to obtain a CDL if required.
- Must possess basic working knowledge of diesel and gas engines, computerized fuel systems and hydraulic systems. Basic electrical skills with 480 volt 3 phase a plus, but not necessary and a willingness to learn.
- Must have an adequate supply of hand tools
- ASE Certification preferred.
- Will be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Will work in both a team setting and independently.
- This is a 24/7 operation and will be required to works some nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...