Swissport, Inc. is the #1 leading Ground Services provider in the world. Employing over 33,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 650 client companies at 185 airport locations in 37 countries on five continents, Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Fueling, Aircraft Maintenance, and Aviation Security. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Consider being a part of an organization that has earned recognition as the Global Aviation Ground Services company for the last eleven consecutive years in a row and Cargo Handling Agent of the Year for the last three consecutive years! Our mission is simple – “To strengthen our number one position.”
Maintain, repair, perform maintenance (preventive and on-demand) on aircraft ground support equipment (motorized and non-motorized, gasoline and diesel fueled). To include, but not limited to, troubleshooting, tune-up, modification and overhaul of power-plant, drive-train, electric and hydraulic systems. Other duties as assigned.
These Are Tasks An Individual Can Expect To Perform: (as well as other duties as assigned) · Operate all ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
· Perform preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
· Respond to requests for on-call maintenance on all ground support equipment
· Provide trouble-shoot and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
· Modify and overhaul powerplant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems
· Prepare and paint ground support equipment as required
· Weld repair, fabricate parts, install, assemble and provide parts list and document repairs
· Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired.
· Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
· Order and pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
· Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
· Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state and federal requirements
· Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
· Other duties as assigned
These Are Tools/Equipment An Individual May Use To Do The Job:
Applicants for Ground Service Equipment Maintenance positions must have a complete set of mechanics hand tools appropriate for vehicle maintenance and repair. The company provides specialized ground service tools unique to the vehicles on station.
Swissport is equal employment opportunity and Drug-free place
Swissport International Ltd. - 2 years ago