ServiceSource is a leading nonprofit disability resource organization with regional offices and programs located in eight states and the District of Columbia. We serve more than 14,000 individuals with disabilities annually through a range of innovative and valued employment, training, habilitation, housing and other support services. In addition to our support services, ServiceSource directly employs more than 1,500 individuals on successful government and commerical affirmative employment contracts. We invite you to be a part of our successful mission by applying for this position.
Performs maintenance of grounds at the Mark Center, located in Alexandria Virginia. The job tasks include grass trimming, mowing, policing grounds, and minor equipment maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the operation, inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of stand-on
mowers, string trimmers, weed-eaters, edgers, snow and leaf blowers, hand held
hedge trimmers, spreaders and other similar seasonal maintenance equipment.
- Cut all grass around trees, shrubs, planting beds, parking lots, signs and other obstacles within mowing areas.
- Trim grass, weeds, light brush and vegetation normally cut with a tractor and/or rotary type mowing equipment and hand tools such as weed-eaters.
- Police grounds to include collection and disposal of paper, bottles, cans, cardboard, plastic, rags, tree limbs, and other debris on grounds and assigned areas.
- Mow all assigned areas to meet established height as defined in the contract. Trim all assigned shrubs to established height as defined in the contract.
- All grass areas and shrubs are to be trimmed to a uniform height and give a neat and even appearance. Equipment such as bleachers shall be removed to maintain the area in a neat and orderly manner. Fence lines, ramps, and other obstacles shall be removed to maintain the area in a neat and orderly manner. Ditch lines shall be maintained each time the surrounding area is assigned.
- Secure assigned equipment to ensure it is not damaged, stolen or misplaced.
Grounds mainenance experience preferred.
Advanced ability to operate all standard grounds maintenance equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Must pass a background and drug screening.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ServiceSource Inc. - 4 months ago
- 8 days ago
Camp Springs, MD
- 25 days ago
Department of the Army
Fort Belvoir, VA
- 1 day ago
ServiceSource offers document management services to Federal government and commercial customers through our Precision Images division....