Supervising a team to deliver grounds maintenance and a range of seasonal gardening duties.
About the role
You will supervise a team of Gardeners / Grounds Maintenance Operatives at various sites ensuring all services are delivered to a high standard on a key contract. You will be responsible for the delivery of leaf collection, weeding, pruning, edging and other seasonal activities as required. You will also ensure your teams maintain plants and cut grass using ride-on mowers, pedestrian mowers and strimmers.
- Ensure compliance with Legislation, Health and Safety regulations ensuring safe working practices are in place.
- Ensure machinery and maintenance audits and carried out to Company standard.
- Plan the schedule of work to ensure all services are delivered to meet specification and agreed SLA’s
- Ensure all contract and staff records are managed and maintained correctly.
- Induct, train and support new starters, ensuring all staff are fully equipped to carry out their duties to a high standard.
- Implement long term management and maintenance plans and ensure all procedures are effective.
- Attend meetings and communicate reliably with the Client, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure the specification is met, requests are responded to and problems are resolved.
- Ensure a professional image is presented at all times.
You will have a good understanding of gardening/grounds maintenance with experience of operating of a broad range of garden/grounds maintenance powered machinery and the desire to deliver an excellent service.
You will also need:
The OCS Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of facilities management and property support services
- NVQ level 3 in Amenity Horticulture preferred
- RHS Level 2 or equivalent preferred
- Supervisory experience essential
- A sound awareness of compliance and Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge of shrub maintenance may be required
- Certificate in Safe Use of Pesticides would be preferred - eg. NPTC PA1 & PA6)essential.
- An ability to communicate as all levels with good relationship building skills
- Driving Licence essential
OCS - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
OCS Group is an international facilities services provider, employing over 56,000 people worldwide. It provides a wide range of services,...