The Vice President for Finance and Administration division is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Grounds Services Manager.
Established in 1804, OHIO University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio & the first in the Northwest Territory. Located in the scenic Appalachian foothills, its classic residential campus in Athens, Ohio, is one of the most attractive in the nation.
The purpose of this position is to provide services related to Grounds Services Management.
A competitive Benefits Package is offered including education benefits for employee and eligible dependents.
- Supervise day to day operations of groundskeepers at Facilities Management.
- Direct, manage, and lead the overall operation of the grounds keeping staff for assigned area.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement necessary cultural practices for turf, woody material, and trees throughout the assigned area.
- Accountable for training, performance management, coaching, mentoring and technical expertise of staff.
- Comply with all laws, University policies and procedures, safety regulations, and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Manage and maintain records and data entry related to payroll for assigned employees.
- Ensures productivity of staff with broad discretion to schedule employees for efficacy as related to assigned work. Incumbent is charged with interaction with vendors to ensure compliance with contracts and delivery of services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include the following:
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in the turf maintenance or landscaping related fields.
- Experience scheduling and managing employee performance.
- Knowledge of safety and regulatory standards.
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Lisensures