Under general supervision perform general and varied grounds keeping maintenance work, operate power-driven equipment and related work as required.
- Perform a wide variety of Grounds maintenance activities. Including mowing lawns and fields, using large power mowers \or hand operated mowers, blowers, vacuums, trimmers, and gas powered equipment. May also prune trees, shrubbery and hedges. Hoes weeds, rakes grounds, and removes trash and rubbish from related grounds areas. Plants trees, shrubs, hedges, flowers and grass. Prepares, cultivates, and fertilizes bedding and lawn areas. Sweeps and blows asphalt and cemented areas. Assists in repair of walks, streets, and sprinkling systems.
- Operate vehicles: trucks, carts, bobcat, and tractors.
- Maintain and keep tools and equipment in proper condition.
- Move and arranges bleachers, furniture, and equipment for special events.
- Assist in the preparation, lining, marking, and dragging of athletic fields, tracks, or related areas.
- May periodically assist maintenance workers in performing a variety of building trades work.
- Assist as needed with snow removal up to 100% of time, depending on campus conditions.
- Perform the work described in various types of weather
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Must follow written and oral instructions
- Must have valid Missouri drivers license and qualify for insurability by Park University insurance carrier
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 75 pounds
- Flexible day/evening/weekend hours as required by needs of facility
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...