Provide general horticultural care of exterior grounds in a specific,
- Insure exceptional 360 Degree Customer Service to the campus community.
- Plan and organize assigned work: plant, trim, spray, mow, weed, fertilize, sweep, rake, cultivate, dig, water, shovel and other related functions.
- Diagnose and treat diseases or growth problems through the application of insecticides, fertilizers and chemical sprays.
- Perform grounds patrol for trash and empty trash receptacles.
- Remain up to date and informed of current practices with use of horticulture supplies such as chemicals and fertilizers.
- Perform basic irrigation audit and make minor irrigation repairs.
- Cooperate with others within the department, other department personnel and tradesmen in completing assigned tasks.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Participate in safety programs as directed.
- Perform other responsibilities, including assisting with special events, as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be able to follow instructions in English.
- Must have a service orientation providing exceptional customer service to the entire PLNU community. A positive approach to work exhibited by a Can-do attitude and being a team player is essential.
- Two years of horticulture gardening and/or landscaping experience, preferably on a large campus or property, or combination of experience and formal training.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Knowledge of the safe use of manual and power equipment involved in horticulture and grounds care, preferred.
- Ability to be trained in any of the categories of horticulture and gardening.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities that normally require special physical effort, including bending, crawling, stretching and lifting heavy objects typically under 90 pounds.
- Must not have allergies that interfere with working outdoors (such as fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, plant life, pollens, etc.).
- Ability to work overtime.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 21 months ago