Performs moderately heavy manual work in the care and maintenance of grounds including the care and maintenance of plants, shrubs, lawns, and the installation and maintenance of sprinkler systems.
- Operates and maintains medium to light mobile equipment.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the fountains on campus and irrigation repairs.
- Assists in installation of irrigation systems, including digging lines, replacing heads and valves.
- Plants trees, shrubs, ground cover and annual flowers.
- Will be required to be on call for emergency clean up and snow removal.
No previous experience or education required.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a police records check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
This position requires a valid state driver’s license.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is an essential personnel position. You will be on call for emergency maintenance or to assist in campus preparation in inclement weather or hazardous weather conditions.
Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work and to remain outdoors in all types of weather.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds comfortably.
Hourly Pay Range
8.73 - 12.27
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -