Carmel - The Village is a vibrant community of 330 residential units with progressive architectural elements, open space plazas, and pedestrian access to all the project's amenities in Mountain View, CA. This fresh community was developed with special attention given to using sustainable building materials and management practices to achieve Build it Green status for Multi-Family GreenPoint Standards.
In brief summary, we are looking for a Groundskeeper with a great attitude and willingness to be a supportive team member. The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining curb appeal through careful upkeep of the outside of the property. In addition, the Porter is responsible for maintaining all exterior areas of the community, including stairwells, sidewalks, dumpster areas and parking lots, keeping them in a clean and litter free condition. Successful applicants will have great attention to detail, be self‐motivated, and have a strong work ethic. Please note that weekends are required for this position and previous experience with cleaning equipment and chemicals is preferred.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Patrols grounds daily for removal of litter and clean entryways and stairwells, paying special attention to pool areas, areas in front of leasing office and models, and mail areas (if applicable)
• Sweeps and blows off all sidewalks and parking areas using a leaf blower, including the dumpster areas
• Makes exterior community repairs as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
• Spiffs vacant long standing units and property signage
• Maintains a clean BBQ and Gazebo area
• Responsible for seasonal pool maintenance, weekends included
• Handles all chemicals, including pool chemicals, safely and responsibly
• Posts letters/notices as requested by office personnel
• Responsible for exterior appearance of buildings, reporting any broken/missing lights or other issues to Maintenance staff
• Responsible for seasonal Maintenance of flower beds, rock beds, bushes, trees and shrubs
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of sprinkler systems
• Performs “trash-out” duties in vacated apartments as requested. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable
• Empties pet stations/maintains clean community pet area
• Maintains dumpster areas clear from overflowing or surrounding debris
• Participates in the on-call rotation as designated by the Community Manager
• Attends work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
• Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proven experience or training in aspects of job requirements
• CPO (Certified Pool Operator) License a plus
• Experience handling leaf blowers and other landscaping equipment safely a plus
• Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of various hand tools
• Ability to communicate respectfully with all residents.
• Ability to handle a physically demanding and heavy work load well
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment
• Ability to accept direction and be part of a team
• Ability to communicate respectfully with all residents
• Ability to learn and comply with all safety rules, including wearing of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Frequently exposed to extreme variation in temperature and/or humidity
• Frequent bending at the neck/waist, kneeling, and climbing
• Repetitive reaching above/below waist
• Constant oral communication with coworkers and residents
• Alternates frequently between walking and standing, with occasional sitting
• Occasionally drives company vehicles, with permission from Community Manager
• Frequently walks on uneven ground
• Frequently carries/lifts loads of 50+ lbs, occasionally carries/lifts loads of up to 150 lbs with assistance from coworkers
• Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.
Carmel Partners - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard