Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Job Title : Groundskeeper
- Receives each day's assigned work from his/her supervisor.
- Performs such functions as planting, fertilizing and watering flowers; edging and weeding flower beds; installing bark mulch; and pruning shrubs.
- Waters the grass, and moves hoses around the property.
- When assigned to do so, uses and performs preventive maintenance on grounds equipment such as trimmers, edgers, and lawn mowers.
- Keeps the grounds clean by picking up papers, emptying outside trash receptacles, and sweeping the parking lots.
- Receives training as needed with regard to the best methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities in order to satisfy company standards.
- Performs assigned indoor work during inclement weather and at other times when assigned.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, partners, vendors and other employees.
- Wears the prescribed company uniform at all times during working hours.
- Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work.
- Practices IIF and takes appropriate safety precautions at all times.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Director of Maintenance or other site leadership.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand, walk, use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motions.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds and move objects in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have the abilities to load and unload trucks safely, climb and carry ladders, and travel by personal or company automobile to work location or to other designations as required.
- Must be able to work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to deal with others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable background check.
- Must pass the pre – employment drug test.