The Groundskeeper acts under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Hospital grounds. Responsibilities will include the daily upkeep of the property, buildings, and grounds, which includes cleaning and removing trash.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years grounds keeping experience in a hospital environment preferred.
- 2+ years landscaping experience required
- NYS Drivers License required.
HR Use Only:
- Maintain the grounds of the hospital property.
- Maintains cleanliness outside each building and the grounds surrounding hospital.
- Maintain a uniform landscaped look by picking up all debris around buildings and through breezeways of buildings.
- Clean out building gutters.
- Plant and tends flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims, mows lawns; apply fertilizer and insecticides; and utilize pest control equipment.
- Follow well-established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, making simple adjustments, and repairs, as necessary.
- Shovel snow when necessary.
- Spread salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently crouch, bend, kneel, stand, and reach.
- Must frequently walk and stand.
- Must be able to walk 20% of time.
- Must be experienced using the following; Backhoe, Skid steer Front end loader and snow plow.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
Richmond University Medical Center - 19 months ago