If you love working outdoors and receive instant gratification from keeping things neat, you’ll dig our groundskeeper position. Forget working in a stuffy office when you can instead spend your time outside enhancing the grounds of an already well-kept community. Your main aim is providing curb appeal by keeping all areas of the community clean and attractive. Primary duties include removing trash and litter, sweeping and pressure washing sidewalks and pathways, basic gardening and weeding, and wiping down and cleaning windows and common furniture. You also use your people skills to respond to service requests and repairs following safe work practices and in a manner that upholds our excellent reputation for customer service.
- Work with service team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Maintain all public and common areas of the property in a clean, neat, attractive condition. Specific duties include removing all trash and litter, sweeping sidewalks and pathways, basic gardening and weeding, wiping down and cleaning windows and common furniture
- Adhere to the Gables Standard Operating Procedures
- Report physical safety hazards in community to supervisor
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required
- Maintain superior customer service relationship with residents and coworkers as per Gables Pledges of Customer Service
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Each job duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Our community staffing limitations make it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- Ability to travel to company training classes or to work at other communities as requested
- On-call, after-hour emergency service may be required, with on-call staff required to live within a minimum distance to the community for efficient response time
- No specific level of education is required
- Ability to read and write English for safety and productivity reasons
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions
- No specific level of experience is required
- Perform general maintenance repair tasks professionally without endangering yourself, residents or fellow associates
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds variable distances; mobility and flexibility to use ladders to heights in excess of 8 to 9 feet; ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit
Learning and Development
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions
- Use of general cleaning equipment and tools including but not limited to: hand tools, paint equipment, ladders, cleaning chemicals, vacuums, blowers and hoses
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards
Gables Residential - 17 months ago
- 11 days ago
Lion Gables Residential Trust (LGRT) is a privately-owned real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, develops, and manages apartment...