Group Events Manager (San Diego)
We are looking for a Group Events Manager to join our Home Office team! The Group Events Manager will effectively define the course for the group events department in accordance with Karl Strauss brand and core ideology. This position is responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of group events P&L goals for the Company. In addition, focus will be on setting policies and procedures, establishing operational systems, ensuring the brand identity and vision and new territory development. This position will have management oversight over multiple sales customer service and sales team members throughout multiple venues.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Writes and implements departmental policies and procedures as needed.
- Designs, implements, and maintains operational systems relevant to the Group Events department.
- Researches industry trends and conducts analysis with regard to improving departmental standards, implementing technology that improves the productivity of the group events team.
- Develops a disciplined sales culture to achieve the company’s group sales objectives.
- Analyzes the market and assists with the creation of sales packages and programs that are in alignment with the market’s needs.
- Develops sales staff and guides their adherence to the Company’s standards, philosophy, and core ideology.
- Maintains a high profile in the community for the Company through attendance at trade shows and related tourism events.
- Determines new sources of revenue for each property.
- Prepares estimates, proposals, and BEOs as requested by the client(s) when needed.
- Processes referrals to/from other internal departments.
- Manages the database of current and target accounts, maintaining the information and utilizing the data to increase sales.
- Analyzes and presents monthly sales reports and account acquisition updates to the VP of BRs.
Training and Development
- Assists in the development and implementation of sales and customer service training programs and tools.
- Motivates and manages the group events team to achieve the principles of sound Customer Relationship Management.
- Oversees all Group Events customer service functions and ensures that customer service is effectively maintaining the sales experience for all assigned accounts.
- Ensures the department’s compliance with company policies and procedures, training, directing work, conducting performance appraisals, and performing disciplinary action where necessary.
- Works closely with the General Managers, Culinary team, and VP of Marketing to collaboratively increase revenue.
- Works with the Brewery Restaurant General Managers to effectively train and develop the BR Group Events Sales Representatives.
- Acts as the conduit for information and support from the Home Office to the brewery restaurant management and group sales teams.
- Consistently communicates Karl Strauss’ philosophy, mission statement and brand information to ensure the brewery restaurants and the catering and group sales department are operating in accordance with these standards.
- Manages daily activities and sales strategies of the Group Events staff.
- Sets and manages quarterly goals for regional sales activities in order to effectively achieve the department’s sales quotas.
- Adheres to all State, Federal and local health department regulations, company established sanitation standards, ABC laws and regulations, and OSHA, CalOSHA, and company regulations with regard to the safety and security of the Group Events team.
- Ensures a safe working environment for employees by maintaining facility and equipment in optimal working conditions.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Collaborates with the VP of Marketing and the Marketing Program Manager to ensure the Group Events department accurately represents the established marketing objectives.
- Assists in the designs of neighborhood marketing strategies applicable to the Group Events department.
- Maintains standards of conduct, caring, and commitment that exemplify a positive, authentic, and professional image towards fellow team members, customers, vendors, clients, and other potential guests of the Company.
Profit and Loss Control
- Analyzes, determines, and prepares the department’s annual budget.
- Processes invoices timely and accurately.
- Manages inventory, product ordering and receiving of the department.
- Follows company established procedures for tracking and processing labor and tip distribution.
- Maintains multi-unit payroll expenses and staffing levels within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures break and meal periods are followed in accordance to Federal, State, and local requirements.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
If interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, utilizing reference code GEM614.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study.
- At minimum, a combination of 8 years of corporate sales management experience and sales/event experience in a hospitality environment within a management capacity.
- Must be entrepreneurial and independent with the ability to lead multiple team members throughout multiple facilities.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Must have the ability to develop systems and maintain the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Word, and Excel applications, POS systems and general accounting practices.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Database programs is recommended, ACT is preferred.
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal to no supervision.