The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for teaching group exercise classes, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating Club One members on the safe and correct use of cardio and group exercise equipment. This person also answers fitness and wellness related questions.
- Deliver group exercise classes to members
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their workouts
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly group exercise room, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work together as a team with all departments
- Be the club "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce Club One policies such as cell phone use, etc.
- Attend group fitness department and site meetings
- Assist in development and implementation of new group fitness programs/classes
Nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification or
Previous health club group exercise experience, preferably 2 years experience.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics
- Knowledge of safe and effective exercise for specific muscle groups
- Ability to calculate target heart rate
- Basic knowledge in nutrition
Good communication skills, customer service oriented.
Supervisory responsibility, if any:
Fitness club environment
Club One - 14 months ago
Club One, Inc. offers you a future full of career possibilities. We are committed to hiring, mentoring and retaining energetic, motivated...