Responsible for managing and improving the results within area as needed to contribute to the overall plant Compelling Business Need (CBN) and journey map. Manage the people, equipment, and processes that come together to create a quality product. Work to grow the capability of the people in their area. Work to incorporate new reliability tools into the current systems in a way that is meaningful and drives improvement and produces extraordinary results.
- S afety
- Team Development
- Interface cross-functionally w/other departments
- Ensures ALL shift documentation/communication is complete
- Lead shift team meeting – set shift direction
- Manage/secure appropriate line staffing
- Manage vacations and coverage for team
- Owns shift KPI’s for Area – Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Loss, Delivery
- Understands employee skill gaps and works with OE to reduce deficiencies
- Responsible for first level of team conflict resolution
- Initiates problem-solving at team level when it happens (5Y, RCFA, etc.)
- Complete rounds to ensure equipment is running per design
- Works with maintenance to coordinate help needed
- Facilitate changeovers, turnarounds with plans and critiques for Improvement
- Interfaces with Quality to hold product as appropriate
- Provide input to BUL/HR regarding new hire evaluations
- Review weekly schedule for opportunities – communicate to planning
- Full Kronos timekeeping responsibility for team staffing/pay
- Cross-functional operations experience with a strong understanding of various plant functions; experience and passion for introducing new techniques (i.e., change agent); strong leadership, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; strong analytical skills and problem solving skills; and promote Safety and Employee Relations.
- Involved in all activities including daily management, budgeting, strategic planning (as it pertains to the area), TDC work, enabler planning.
- Interface with multiple functions within the plant, as well as WHQ Engineering, Process & Maintenance, and Product Development.
Minimum education required Associates Degree and/or a combination of education and experience or 3+ years operations supervision and leadership experience in manufacturing environment
Years of relevant experience Up to a year if Bachelors Degree, or 3+ if Associates Degree, or 5-7 years in lieu of any degree (has to be combination of operations supervision and leadership experience in manufacturing environment)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
Working conditions Primary shift will be determined by need, but flexibility to float to other shifts is required.
- Experience and passion for continuous improvement activities.
- Strong leadership, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Promote Safety and Employee Relations.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 15 months ago
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...