The Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm.
Standard Job Duties as Follows:
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Assists the supervisor/team leader with work assignments. Provides procedural direction to unit/team personnel. Monitors training procedures and performs training duties. Acts as technical liaison with other departments. Performs unit/team duties on an ongoing basis.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
1. Acts as backup supervisor/team leader when unit supervisor/team leader is absent.
2. Coordinates workflow/assignments for unit/team. Performs quality checks and informs supervisor/leader of errors and problems. Analyzes and makes recommendations for problem resolution. Tracks information and prepares status reports for management as requested.
3. Prepares basic training materials and provides training for unit/team personnel. Training typically encompasses new processes/procedures and the implementation and use of new systems.
4. Acts as liaison with other areas of the office. Interacts to resolve processing issues and/or coordinates the implementation of new procedures.
5. Reviews new and revised systems and procedures; assists in determining the effect on unit.
6. Represents team/unit, as assigned, on special projects. Is responsible for providing input regarding project objective and impact on unit/team and reporting development status as deemed necessary.
7. Performs unit/team duties on a regular and backup basis.
8. Maintains currency on all unit/team processes, functions, and procedures.
9. Provides input to performance evaluations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: An addendum may be attached to state duties, responsibilities and/or requirements unique or specific to assigned area. This level of group leader typically found in a mail, correspondence, claims processing, coding, or general clerical support function.
III. STAFFING EXCEPTION TO MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS MUST BE APPROVED BY
Human Resources Manager
IV. JOB REPORTS TO (Title of immediate supervisor)
V. DIRECT REPORTS (List titles and bands of jobs reporting directly to this job)
0 Total number of employees that report directly and indirectly to this job.
Office/Region Effective Date (MM/YY)
Summary of Job Requirements:
High school or technical school studies; continued coursework in technical insurance courses preferred.
Three years experience in unit/team function.
Insurance or financial products processing, practices and procedures. Basic business office policies. Proven knowledge of unit/team clerical functions.
. Oral and written communication skills used to interact with all levels of internal/external contacts;
. Ability to analyze situations/problems and provide input/recommendations and/or make decisions to resolve issues.
. Ability to lead and train employees on all unit/team functions and processes.
. Operate personal computer and applicable software.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office environment; some overtime may be required (non-exempt).
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...